To compare performance, ask:
- The air velocity across both side of the product.
- The air temperature scrubbing the product surface.
Typical Specifications of Advanced Equipment Spiral Freezers:
Advanced Equipments standard air velocity across both side of the product surface is 1000 Feet Per Minute dependent on the product weight and thickness.
Advanced Equipment has determined that the lowest product dehydration and most economical operating standard evaporator temperature is 40 degree F, other temperatures will lower or increase in refrigeration horsepower consumption.
The airflow direction is best suited for horizontal airflow on our smaller capacity packaged spiral freezer, and vertical down airflow for larger capacity site built spiral freezer.
The air temperature should be designed with evaporator surface adequate to handle a 10 to 25 degree F. temperature difference. (Air inlet temperature minus evaporator temperature). When both air flow speed and temperature has be checked.
To compare price, determine:
- The belt width of the spiral belt.
- The turn radius of the spiral belt.
- The active belt length.
- The number of tiers in the freezer.
- The tier spacing.
- The inlet and outlet orientation arrangement.
- The building material of the spiral freezer conveyor.
- The building material and gauge of the freezer enclosure.
- Add on options - like belt washer and dryer, CIP, field electrical wiring.
- Field installation charges.Check carefully the price of the spiral freezer versus the production capacity rate.
Some companies will quote smaller belt width, or even a smaller freezer size to attract the customer orders, and later, cannot deliver on the desired capacity.
Remember: always compare freezer air flow velocity, air temperature, belt width, belt length, turn radius, building material of spiral freezer, options, enclosure construction plus manufacturer's reputation for quality and service.